I got the recipe from the packet of Light Philadephia Cream Cheese Packet (250g)
- 250gr Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I used light)
- 250gr softened butter (I used fairy margarine - same result)
- 200gr pitted frozen cherries (I used fresh)
- 150gr blueberries fresh or frozen (I used fresh 125gr punnet)
- 2+1/4 cups selfraising flour
- 1+1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- icing sugar, extra
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c
Put softened butter/margarine in food processor and add caster sugar vanilla essence, whip on high until fluffy. Add the three eggs one-by-one whilst processor running on low/medium setting. Add the Philly and whip until no lumps and glossy in appearance. Add the flour and beat on medium speed and then add the milk, whizz on high speed until again glossy in appearance.
Pour mixture into large mixing bowl and fold through the cherries and blueberries making sure there is an even distribution of both.
Pour into desired pan, making sure you fill to only 3/4 height to allow for rise. Bake until cooked in centre, test with knife or skewer, no mixture should come out.
When cooled, dust with sifted icing sugar
These taste halfway between a sponge and baked cheese cake - and let me tell you - the mixture is pretty delicious too!
Print this post in friendly format