Anyhoo looking forward to seeing her of course, and my sister and her family who are coming for lunch tomorrow.
Going to give a new salad recipe a bash:
Vermicelli Noodle Salad
100 gm (1 bundle) rice vermicelli noodles
50 gm fresh bean sprouts
¼ cucumber, diced
5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons coriander leaves, diced
1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 inch ginger, grated
Juice of ¼ lemon
Optional: ½ green chilli, diced
1. Soak vermicelli rice noodles in boiling water for 1 hour.
2. Drain vermicelli noodles and place in large bowl.
3. Add cucumber, tomatoes, peanuts and coriander leaves.
4. In another bowl, mix sweet chilli sauce, sugar, salt, ginger, lemon juice and chilli. Add some boiling water to create a runny sauce.
5. Pour sauce over the vermicelli noodles and mix well.
6. Add sesame seed oil, mix well and top with some coriander leaves before serving.
Print this post in friendly format