I really should menu plan. That's my mission this week. I think at this stage I could only commit to one week planning though I could commit through the whole month about a chicken/fish/meat/vegetarian base.. I'll have a look through some others' meal planning for inspiration..
My 5 frugal things I did this week:
1. We didn't go anywhere this week that required money - playgroup was paid up for, and the weather was crappy enough that we didn't go to the park but we did go to the library which is a free service. Kept the kids entertained at home with craft, number and letter games, dress ups, cooking etc.
2. Didn't venture out either to top up the shopping
3. Still no using of the dryer even with the wet weather, chinese laundry set up on patio and deck keeping my washing down, and I'm being disciplined about washing every day to keep on top of things to help me stick to it. It's too easy to let it go and then relent to using the clothesdryer isn't it?
4. Hubby has taken lunch and his morning to work every day and as far as I know, hasn't bought anything extra.
5. Purchased my 30 minute Mozzarella/Ricotta kit - this cost $34.50 and will yield about RRP $80 of ricotta... and with potential to cost less as I replace bits and pieces of the kit.
6. (I know extra) I did all shopping that I could buy from Aldi at Aldi, bought meat only from the abbatoir, fruit and veg from the farmgate and the other essentials only at the supermarket as last resort.
It's extra effort but I'm feeling very proud of us! Another month and we'll be substituting some of our farmgate purchases from our own garden!
Print this post in friendly format