Frugal things I've done this week:
1. No drier - but I haven't got much washing done either (eek)
2. Squeezed excess lemons and froze juice in icecubes. Now don't need to replace lemon juice bottle.
3. Used my WishCard I earned doing market research to subsidise treat shopping
4. Baked cake for morning/afternoon teas and froze - removing temptation to buy whilst out
5. Made mine and hubby's costumes for birthday party using clearance fabric @ $1 and $2 a m - total cost for both costumes and clothes from St Vinnies - total cost $20 for 2 costumes.
Food budget progress
Base budget: 139.28
4/7 18.05 - Forestway Fresh - box of fruit, eggplant, baby bok choy, bananas and tomatoes
4/7 26.18 - Woolworths - Diet coke, butter, popcorn, honey, milk
8/7 20.36 - Woolworths - (40.36-20 voucher) stock up on some specials plus a few treats for birthday consumption
9/7 13.96 - IGA - 3 loaves of bread and porridge for hubby breakky
Weekly tally $217.83 approx $18 over budget.
(projecting until 15th of month):
IGA = 30.70+26.15+13.96 = 70.81
Wild Oats = $6.10+10.98=17.08
Other = $6.60+12.00+11.95=30.55
Total purchases: 920.89
Total month budget $939 - $18 under budget!
Print this post in friendly format