Today hubby went to visit his cousin in hospital and we tagged along as far as Randwick and headed to the Entertainment Quarter. I haven't been there with the kids (OK maybe Eloise was a young bubba) since it was all called Fox Studios...
What we loved:
Playgrounds - FREE
There are 2 playgrounds for kids - one for the 4-5+ and one for 1-4's...
The 1-4's playground is fully fenced and both have adequate seating for the adult supervisors.
The Kidz Zoo - $5 per child
This is excellent value and the animal handlers were super-friendly. There were ample animals to keep everyone happy and they were friendly well-loved animals. The two handlers were very invested in them and were quick with information and encouraging to the children to experience them. We had one little kid (goat) who took a particular liking to our girls (Paprika I think his name was) and I really think he like the colour red. We got our full $$ worth and were there for well over 30 mins with patting of bunnies, chicks, guinnea pigs, piglet, lambs, kids, duck, goose, alpaca and pony. Thoroughly recommend the trip for that.
The Kidz Zoo is there from 11-3 Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Fun Mirrors - Free
My frugal tips to the EQ:
- If you park in the carpark you can validate the ticket at the market place so you get 2 hours for free. You don't need to buy anything to do that.
- Pack a picnic, there's ample spots to sit = no food expenses
- If you're going to pay to anything, make it the Kidz Zoo and a go on the carousel - that's $3 per child.
- Bring Scooters or bikes - there's space to do that too.
- Miss the area with flying chairs and inflatable castles etc. It was $15 per child for 30 minutes! I called it a 'rip off' in front of the kids - for about an hour after they kept begging to go on the 'rip off'. It was amusing to me anyway. It only cost $1 less to go to Lollipops Playland about 100metres away for as long as you want! 3 children, $45 for 30 minutes? I think.. no.
Can't believe the weekend's almost over!
What did you get up to?
Print this post in friendly format