Be a good friend, parent, sibling, son or daughter, employee, and citizen.
I'm terrible at remember to call people. I think about it, and it then I get distracted.
There are weeks I let the housework get away from me. It then makes me cranky and that's not good.
So I'm making lists every week. 5 things I want to achieve this week.
- Make your to-do list achievable - if you have kids realise some things you might be dreaming!
- If you put something significant (like weeding a big garden bed/cleaning out a pantry/garage etc) reward yourself! A cuppucino, a movie, a facial!
- If you are seriously overwhelmed, look at oursourcing, get your oven or your windows professionally cleaned, get pizza on a night you want to scrub the bathroom!
- If you find it hard to get on top of every day housework, what I do is I set myself a few mini-daily goals
- everyone up, breakfasted, kitchen cleaned, everyone dressed, beds made and first load of washing in the washing machine by 9am.
- Wash towels on Mondays, Alternate linens 2 beds one Weds,other 2 beds other Weds, bathrooms Tuesdays and Saturday mornings,dusting Mondays and Fridays mop floors Wednesdays, Vacuum Tuesday, Friday, Sunday etc
- If you have kids that are old enough to do simple or household chores, draw up a roster and share the load.
Print this post in friendly format