Thursday, January 7
This year I want to do a few food things. I'm going to list 10 things I want to attempt to do before the year is out.
1. Sushi, never made it, love to eat it.
2. Baklava - scared to bugger it up, but I'm going to give it a try
3. Brioche - an indulgence, but something I want to make for easter this year
4. Pastry - want to make some pies and tarts this year - making pastry from scratch
5. Preserve more. I want to preserve 6 things I never have before
6. Fondue - I used to make this on a regular basis but haven't for years - going to have a fondue party this year - I've got two fondue pots needing to be utilised.
7. Pasta - I want to get the macaroni/pasta maker kitchenaid attachment and dry some pasta, I know it's cheap to buy the pre-made stuff but I'd like to have a go at least.
8. Try 3 Julia Child recipes this year
9. Make sausages from scratch
10. Discover at least two more direct sources of produce - maybe a few roadtrips are in order. (Hey maybe Lorraine will do the easter chocolate tour!!??!! *blatant hint*)
Join me, follow me, I'll be updating this through the year!
Print this post in friendly format