So here's my progress, so far...
1. Sushi, never made it, love to eat it.
Yum. Still on the list - definitely want to make it soon as a lunch option for my 'lunchbox legends' series I'm planning..
2. Baklava - scared to bugger it up, but I'm going to give it a try
found a fabulous recipe - and I think I'm not far off making this one!
3. Brioche - an indulgence, but something I want to make for easter this year
I have the recipe I want to use.. bring on easter!
4. Pastry - want to make some pies and tarts this year - making pastry from scratch
I'm on the lookout for the pie tins I want (and pie weights too) am looking forward to this!
5. Preserve more. I want to preserve 6 things I never have before
OK, I've done some of this!
Home-made spicy tomato sauce (ketchup)
Sweet Pickled Cherry Tomatoes
Easy and Versatile Plum Jam
6. Fondue - I used to make this on a regular basis but haven't for years - going to have a fondue party this year - I've got two fondue pots needing to be utilised.
I think this will be a winter dinner party - perhaps my birthday?
7. Pasta - I want to get the macaroni/pasta maker kitchenaid attachment and dry some pasta, I know it's cheap to buy the pre-made stuff but I'd like to have a go at least.
Money permitting! I think in the latter half of the year
8. Try 3 Julia Child recipes this year
I think this will be winter endeavour also
9. Make sausages from scratch
Looking forward to this, must start scouting out some ingredients/recipes
10. Discover at least two more direct sources of produce - maybe a few roadtrips are in order. (Hey maybe Lorraine will do the easter chocolate tour!!??!! *blatant hint*)
WELLLL I have plans - that's all I'm going to say!
Soo, what about you - have you got ONE food thing you can share you want to do in 2010?
Print this post in friendly format