Is there a union that electrical appliances belong to?
Is there a suicide pact that happens around this time of the year?
I'm beginning to think so.
Last year in the same week of early July our:
- Electric column heater started to leak oil - out in the rubbish it went. Lasted 7 years (or winters)
- 4 slot toaster we received as a wedding present stopped working. Lasted almost 6 years
- Vacuum cleaner died - Lasted 10 years.
Bye bye tax refund basically.
Things are not built to last or even be repaired - they are built to be thrown away and replaced I've realised.
This past few weeks:
- I had smoke billowing out of my kitchenaid - luckily it was just working too hard and I need to go easy on it (and only knead dough for 4 mins tops)
- My oven has died - to me, this is supreme punishment - at present we don't have a definitive fix date as we are waiting on a part...
- And then yesterday, the slow cooker died.
Add this to my food processor which after 8 years the lid has to be held on for it to work. I'm really needing a kitchenaid one I think.
Do your appliances pack it in all at once? Am I perhaps 'over' loving them?
Perhaps I need a kitchenware Frills in the Hills sponsor? hehe.
Print this post in friendly format