I should preface this by saying of course I'm grateful for the wonderful blessings that are my twins, and I do believe that although the intensity of parenting twins has taught me many valuable things and connected me with some wonderful people.... the first years are a struggle to get through at times and on little sleep and little patience people do tend to say and do the most irritating things. They also do turn up trumps too.
1. Yes, I'm horrified that I just found out that I'm pregnant with twins. I need to move house, buy a new car and there goes my work and social life for the next two years at least. I'm scared out of my mind!
2. Yes, I think it's unreasonable to expect me to climb 4 flights of stairs when I'm 32 weeks pregnant with twins.
3. No, I didn't have I.V.F, it was S.E.X. and it's none of your business anyways.
4. My name is Liss .. not 'Here's the brave/amazing lady who had twins when she had a 1 year old'
5. Yes, I have my hands full, I didn't know that, want to come to my house at 2am? You don't? Well SHUT UP!
6. Oh, you had two kids a year apart? Thanks for giving me advice because - that is SO exactly the same as twins. Except it isn't.
7. No, sorry I don't watch that show, is it on after 8.30 at night or something?
8. For the record, it's not double trouble, it's double JOY
9. No they're not identical.(are you blind?)
10. Yes, I look tired because I AM TIRED.
So whilst I say these in all seriousness, I can look back and laugh now. Just.
Print this post in friendly format