I am a prolific and obsessive list maker. I make no apology.
When hubby and I first started to live together he would make jokes about how I 'project managed our life with lists'. I took the jibe with a grain of salt, because he was right - I made lists for work (Yes, I am a professional project manager in my work life) and I made lists for home.
Lists allow to me relax. I never worry even a teensy bit as much as I would if I didn't have a list.
Because I'd worry I'd forget something and then chastize myself relentlessly: 'How could you have FORGOTTEN that?' and I love ticking things off a list -it's like: 'snaps to me, I'm getting things done'
I run so many lists concurrently. I keep most of them in my notebook - currently on the go I've got:
- Christmas Lists - Christmas present list, Christmas checklist, Christmas card list
- Spring cleaning list - This is general like cleaning out cupboards, re-arranging clothing, selling or donating outgrown clothing, high pressure hose the exterior of the house etc, clean external windows etc.
- General to do list (This is stuff like 'call my bestie' 're-register the dog' 'Abuse foxtel for sending me another dodgy bill')
- The Frills in the Hills list - these are things I want to do to enhance Frills in the Hills in the short, medium and long term
- Recipe list (where I keep a list of all the things I have brainwaves to do and write down in case I forget)
- School uniform list - I have recently worked out what we have as far as hand-me downs for L&O next year for school, and now have a list of things to buy Eloise to replace or Laura and Olivia new.
(I have the Kikki-K one pictured right)
The shopping list lives on the fridge - which is a step away from the pantry. This is the third one I've made my way through - and I'll need to get another soon. The shopping list is the one that hands-down gives me the most sanity! When something runs out or is near running out, it goes on the list. Sometimes hubby puts something in the recycling and doesn't put it on the list I get cranky. (Hehe maybe I need a things that make me cranky list)
Are you a list keeper ? Do you thrive on it or do they stress you out?
Print this post in friendly format