To a busy Mum who doesn't take time for herself, although she knows she should.... To a Mum who has felt a little overwhelmed and overwrought of late.. To a Mum who knows the rest of this year is filled with appointments, commitments and to-do-lists longer than Santa's...
This day has been spectacular.
- First of all I got a sleep in.. until 7.50am
- Then I went to the hairdressers. A decent hairdressers. A hairdresser that didn't have me crying and inhaling lindt (like last time) It was a wonderful time, friendly and professional, settling and with an excellent result. They needed to do a LOT of correcting, not only to the colour (oh my the colour) but to the cut which apparently was very uneven and lop-sided! Annnnyway..I've gone a bit darker than usual but you know, sometimes you just want your hair healthy - and now it looks and feels healthy.
- I got some further pampering with an eyelash tint (hello eyelashes, wondered where you were!) and eyebrow wax and tint.
- Then it was onto the shopping! I've replaced my holey 7 year old Tevas with some $15 ipanemas. Bargain and so comfy..
- I bought some Colorado sandals... in red of course.
- I got a summer sheer dress cardigan reduced from $89 to $39!
- I found the advent calendar I'd been hunting high and low for three years today - ON SALE.
- Then lastly my coveted handbag which I just refused to pay $800 for 2 years ago was in a mall hairdressing salon (OK well a replica but hey) for $60. I didn't buy it, but I'm going back tomorrow.
The retail and shopping gods were on my side today.
How was your day?
Print this post in friendly format