Now you may think the only stationery you're going to need this year is for the kids. Yes, well most schools do distribute a stationery list and then if you have older kids they'll be begging you for the latest, coolest, 'everyone's got' bits of stationery.
I found myself buying a lot more stationery last year. Permanent markers to label, whiteboard markers to practice writing with Eloise... then pens, where do all the pens go? And envelopes. Oh my the envelopes - permissions slips this, fundraising that. Lots of envelopes. Lastly I bought clear plastic A4 envelopes because they are brilliant to put all the notes that come home from school in. I got Eloise in a routine of emptying her bag each day and all the notes went in there. I never lost notes thank goodness. The other thing I'd recommend is a highlighter. Highlight dates things are due back, money required etc on notes... helps so much.
We haven't even embarked on covering books yet!
So I'm organised this year - not only have I bought all the kids' stationery, labels etc but I've bought pens, envelopes, markers and my trusty plastic envelopes (they only cost $1 or so from the supermarket).
And Pilot are giving away a back to school kit for three lucky Frills in the Hills readers!
Each kit valued at $50 and includes:
- 4 x of the new Pilot B2P (Bottle to Pen) pens - these are made from recycled plastic drinking bottles!
- 1 x Pilot BegreeN clean eraser
- 2 x Pilot BegreeN Rexgrip ballpoint - I love the grippy ones
- 2 x Pilot BegreeN G-Knock retractable pen with the grippy bit!
- 1 x Pilot BegreeN Spotlifter Dual in Pink/Yellow - double ended highlighter
- 1 x Pilot BegreeN White line correction tape - messy liquid paper is a thing of the past!
- 3 x Pilot Frixion erasable pens (btw you can win an iPad with Frixion over at the Pilot Facebook page at the moment!)
(the items from the BegreeN range are made with at least 70% recycled materials too!)
Now to enter:
I want to hear YOUR tips. How you stay organised for school - lunches, notes, homework, uniforms, getting out the door without having a nervous breakdown (I need those ones)
Leave a comment here with your entry - 1 entry per person please!
Extra entry if you use that fabulous new little Facebook Share button up the top of the post!
Entries close midnight 4th February and open to those with Australian postal addresses.
Print this post in friendly format