I have been on twitter for well over two years now and it's part of my every day life. I adopted twitter well before facebook because I felt that could just float in and out as I felt, I didn't feel an obligation to do this or that and it the 140 character limit was definitely up my alley. I'm a more of a 'get to the point' person.
I was talking to a friend last week about what I love and hate about twitter and there was a lot of nodding and laughing around it. I want to emphasise this is not directed at anyone in particular - but I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who feels like this on any given point - so I thought I would share it with you and get your thoughts!
1. Those auto responds to follows 'Thanks for following me, check out my page/sale/site at xyz'. That will make me unfollow every.single.time.
2. The people who try to sell me their post/product/competition more than twice a day.
3. The 'x amount of followers until I get to Y' tweeters. Does it matter? Isn't it better to have followers who engage with you? Really want to follow you instead of following you out of sympathy/obligation?
4. Uber taggers - those who tag everyone any everything - happens in facebook too - it happens too often to be sincere or credible.
5. Spammers. Enough said right?
1. Those witty and fun people who interact - entertain me or inform me. A sense of humour on twitter goes a long, long way.
2. The community - you call, they answer. Need a new domain host? I called out for one and I got real answers, in seconds. Love that.
3. Immediate feedback. Being that you're restricted to 140 characters, a message can be deployed and responded to very quickly..
4. Hashtags - oh my I love hashtags - It's helped be me 'virtually' somewhere I'm not or directly plug into the brain of people who are watching/discussing/experiencing the same thing. Love hashtags.
5. Twitter bravado - and what I mean by that is actually having interaction with those you would never have access to ordinarily - Ask someone you admire a question and getting a response can put you on a real high!
Tell me are you on twitter? What do you love/hate about it?
Print this post in friendly format