I've been working with a lovely group of people at Rocketman for a little while on a few things. One of these things is their new product 'Rocketfuel'. As a blogger I am not motivated by monetary success, to me it's a bonus but to many bloggers out there - especially Mums it's a valuable way they can contribute the family budget whilst being at home to parent their children.
Other bloggers earn income to subsidise their passion - which is what they share with (and entertain and inform) readers - so whether or not it's kitchen equipment or extra food to cook with if you're a food blogger or gadgets if you are a tech-blogger or travel experiences as a travel blogger - blogging can be an expensive 'hobby' at times and so a little bit of income here and there can make the world of difference.
Traditionally, bloggers have earned their income by endorsing products/ambassadorships, advertising or sponsored posts. Rocketfuel is a new way to look at earning income - the blogger or social media influencer has a lot of choice about how they do it, where they do it and how often they do it.
So, what is RocketFuel?
RocketFuel rewards online influencers that are happy to leverage their social media presence and associate with brands they love.
How it works is very simple:
- A brand has irresistible content they want to share with their online target audience. This could be a fun video, games, photos, artworks, stories, competitions, blog posts, music tracks, podcasts or even just a really cool site.
- The branded content is distributed to relevant RocketFuel Influencers who are invited to share a unique link to the content on their Facebook Page, Twitter and/or Blog. Such posts are tagged as #RocketFuelled
- RocketFuel Influencers are rewarded when links are posted on these channels and clicked.
The best part is that you can choose which campaigns you would like to participate in and which of your social media channels you would like to use. You have full creative control and you can earn revenue, just for sharing branded content on your channels.
How does a blogger become a RocketFuel Influencer?
All you need to do to register is submit an application at:
- Rocketman will assess your application and if their minimum criterion is met, you will be invited to register and become a RocketFuel Influencer.
- Once you’re registered, you can start to participate in RocketFuel Campaigns!
How does a RocketFuel Campaign work?
The process is as follows:
- Rocketman send you an Influencer Brief with all the info you need to decide whether you want to participate
- You have 2 days to accept or decline and decide which social media platforms you opt to use
- Once the client gives us the green light, Rocketman will send you a campaign confirmation and a unique link for each platform that you use to participate so you can post away!
All that is asked is that your post:
- Is a fair opinion of the content (or catchy tweet/quick run-down-conversational note in facebook)
- Includes the campaign link
- Is tagged #rocketfuelled.
- Has a minimum of 10 words; we think you’ll get a greater click through rate if the post is sociable and conversational
And that’s it. NO approval process! No SEO guidelines!
Each campaign runs for 30 days for which you get paid for posting each unique link AND every unique click on the link that you have posted
So to win a 16GB iPad2 in black:
(omg omg omg!) enter by midnight 31st August (Australian postal addresses only)
For one entry
Leave a comment telling me: What your daily Rocket Fuel is - coffee? Tea? Favourite magazine? Your kids? What inspires you or turns you on?
For three entries
Enter as above plus share the competition link on your Twitter & Facebook accounts and link this post. (ensure you '@' the Frills in the Hills facebook page or Twitter handle 'frillyhills' so we can track it!)
For five entries
Leave a comment, share the competition link on Twitter & Facebook and go to the RocketFuel website and submit your RocketFuel Influencer application
Print this post in friendly format